CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
SCROLL DOWN TO COMPLETE ONLINE FORM
Once completed, please print for your records. If you prefer to edit your submission before finalizing/submitting - you should complete either the Fillable PDF or the Word document options.
CME 2018 Canadian LEAN Conference will be held June 4-7, 2018, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This event offers attendees the opportunity to get a deeper understanding of LEAN principles and how they can be successfully applied in the work environment. As a leading-edge LEAN practitioner, we would like to offer you the opportunity to make a best practice value stream presentation for this event.
- Share best-in-class LEAN learning experiences to demonstrate how organizations achieve superior results through continuous improvement.
- Create a learning environment that supports employee involvement and leadership development.
- Grow our attendees’ ability to compete and sustain their continuous improvement efforts and bottom-line success.
The CME 2018 Canadian LEAN Conference program team will use the following criteria for presentation selection:
- Be interactive (e.g. use simulations) and include specific takeaways that attendees can apply going forward.
- Help inspire others towards world-class competitiveness.
- Support CME’s conference goals and meet its Code of Ethics.
Submission Requirements / information:
- Workshops must be either 4 hours or 8 hours in length, including Q&A.
- Personal and company introductions must be no more than 3 minutes.
- No selling (perceived or overt) during the workshop.
- Workshops should accommodate varying levels of attendee LEAN experience.
- Presenters will be responsible for providing copies of their own handouts.
All selected presenters will be contacted by the Conference Coordinator regarding logistics and AV requirements etc.
CME will provide workshop space, refreshments, typical AV equipment, and will promote the workshop as part of the conference marketing program.
All submissions must include the following:
Title: Choose a title for your workshop that is clear, concise and intriguing. Capture the essence of your workshop. Many attendees will decide whether or not come to your workshop based on your title. Add a short tagline to further highlight your most successful achievement that you will showcase.
Workshop Description: In 250 words maximum, identify what knowledge or skills attendees will be able to take away from your workshop. If your workshop is selected, your description will be reviewed, edited and published on the conference website and in various conference materials.
Company Information: Briefly describe the organization and its expertise in 50-75 words. Include preferred link(s) to your company website(s).
Reference: Provide a reference, endorsement or testimonial if possible.
Code of Ethics
The conference provides a unique, non-commercial forum for open dialogue and the creative exchange of ideas among professionals in the public and private sectors. Consequently, every activity and program must represent the highest standards of decorum, respect, mutual understanding and conscientious adherence to ethical principles on the part of all participants. Under no circumstances should presentations be used for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or monetary self-interest. Individuals should refrain from the use of brand names and specific product endorsement whenever practical. All presentations must refrain from overt statements or pointed humour that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group. The conference is open to all persons, regardless of race, national origin, sex, age, physical impairment, and social, political, economic or religious conditions.
Selected presenters may receive the following compensation for participation in this event:
- One free conference pass for the primary presenter.
- One night hotel accommodation for the primary presenter.
- $750 honorarium to help offset travel costs.
Upon acceptance, it is the responsibility of the presenters to book their own travel and accommodations.
How to Submit
Prior to submission, review all information included in this document. Complete Call for Workshops Submission Form (below) and email to: Carrie Schroeder, Conference Workshop Chair, email@example.com
ALL fields are required and must be filled out for your submission to be reviewed by the workshop team. You will be contacted as the process proceeds.
You will receive a copy of your completed form via email for your records.