CALL FOR TOURS
SCROLL DOWN TO COMPLETE ONLINE FORM
Once completed, please print for your records. If you prefer to edit your submission before finalizing/submitting - you should complete either the Fillable PDF or the Word document options.
CME 2018 Canadian LEAN Conference will be held June 4-7, 2018, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This event offers attendees the opportunity to get a deeper understanding of LEAN principles and how they can be successfully applied in the work environment. As a leading-edge LEAN practitioner, we would like to offer you the opportunity to make a best practice value stream presentation for this event.
- Share best-in-class LEAN learning experiences to demonstrate how organizations achieve superior results through continuous improvement.
- Create a learning environment that supports employee involvement and leadership development.
- Grow our attendees’ ability to compete and sustain their continuous improvement efforts and bottom-line success.
The CME 2018 Canadian LEAN Conference tour team will use the following criteria for tour selection:
- Tour hosts must be practitioners who have actually achieved results (no consultants).
- Your tour will:
- Provide a LEAN success story: problem identification, LEAN concept/tool selection, success verification, and new knowledge application.
- Share examples of leadership that enabled results.
- Help inspire others towards world-class competitiveness.
- Support CME’s conference goals and meet its Code of Ethics.
- Be 90 minutes in length.
As part of our approval process, our best practice tour team will want to visit your facility to audit your submission. All selected tour hosts will be contacted by the tour coordinator to coordinate logistics and details.
All submissions must include the following:
Title: Choose a title for your tour that is clear, concise and intriguing. Capture the essence of your tour. Many attendees will decide whether or not to go on your tour based on your title. Add a short tagline to further highlight your most successful achievement that you will showcase.
Tour Description: In 250 words maximum, identify what knowledge or skills attendees will be able to take away from your tour. Be sure to include your results and how they were obtained. If your tour is selected, your description will be reviewed, edited and published on the conference website and in various conference materials.
Company Information: Briefly describe the organization and its expertise in 50-75 words. Include preferred link(s) to your company website(s).
Host(s) Biography: Briefly describe the host(s) that will be presenting the opening and closing remarks for your tour. Provide their background and expertise (50-75 words maximum). If more than one host will be participating, please provide a biography for each.
Reference: Provide a reference, endorsement or testimonial if possible.
Additional Tour Requirements / Information
- Total time allotted per tour is 90 minutes, at your facility.
- Tour introductions (15 minutes) and Q&A (15 minutes) will be on the bus.
- Video and PowerPoint will also be shown on the bus to maximize the time on site for the tour of the facility.
- All tours will be reviewed by CME prior to the conference.
- Tour hosts will be responsible for any handouts (optional). (20-30 people per tour).
- The conference will promote the tour as part of the CME 2018 Conference.
Code of Ethics
The conference provides a unique, non-commercial forum for open dialogue and the creative exchange of ideas among professionals in the public and private sectors. Consequently, every activity and program must represent the highest standards of decorum, respect, mutual understanding and conscientious adherence to ethical principles on the part of all participants. Under no circumstances should presentations be used for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or monetary self-interest. Individuals should refrain from the use of brand names and specific product endorsement whenever practical. All presentations must refrain from overt statements or pointed humour that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group. The conference is open to all persons, regardless of race, national origin, sex, age, physical impairment, and social, political, economic or religious conditions.
Selected tours may receive the following compensation for participation in this event:
- One free conference pass per tour.
How to Submit
Prior to submission, review all information included in this document. Complete Call for Tours Submission Form (below) and email to: Erwin Matusoc, Conference Tour Chair, email@example.com
ALL fields are required and must be filled out for your submission to be reviewed by the tour team. You will be contacted as the process proceeds.
You will receive a copy of your completed form via email for your records.